This vegan ramen recipe is a super quick and easy meal or snack. Make sure you use all of the ingredients below to make your dish super special.
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups sliced cabbage
- tbsp sake
- tbsp soy sauce
- 6 oz dried or fresh ramen or chukka-soba noodles (vermicelli)
- 6 oz vegetarian ‘ground beef’ or ‘sausage’ or reconstituted textured vegetable protein
- 1/2 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil or 1 tsp chilli sesame oil
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil.
- Add the cabbage, sake and soy sauce and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water if your pan is dry, then add the noodles. If you are using dried noodles, cook for a couple of minutes, then add the vegan ‘meat’.
- Simmer until the noodles are tender, usually another couple of minutes. If the noodles have soaked up too much liquid, add a little more broth.
- Add the scallions and sesame oil, divide the noodles between two large donburi (ramen bowls) and serve immediately.
That’s it. Thanks for reading and enjoy!