This vegan soup recipe combines three vegetables – butter beans, tomatoes and artichokes. Use your slow-cooker to create the perfect texture.
Discover our Facebook Community here.
– 30ml / 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
– 400g / 14 oz can of chopped tomatoes (or use the same amount of fresh cherry tomatoes)
– 425g / 15oz can of butter (lima) beans, drained
– 425g / 15oz can of artichoke hearts, drained and halved
– 5ml / 1 tsp dried thyme
– 900ml / 3 3/4 cups of vegetable stock
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– Chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, fennel or basil to garnish
1. Preheat slow-cooker on high
2. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened (but not browned).
3. Stir in the tomatoes, beans and artichokes.
4. Add vegetable stock, water and seasoning.
5. Bring just to the boil, transfer to the slow-cooker and stir gently.
6. Cover and cook on low for 6 – 10 hours, until all the ingredients are tender.
7. Adjust the seasoning to taste, then ladle into warm bowls and serve sprinkled with fresh herbs.
That’s it. We hope you enjoy!